Friday, February 19, 2010

Man ,What a crazy day. My little one went back to Oakland today. She's such a big girl  when it comes to flying alone. "WOW" I can't really believe that she is actually doing it. It was tough because she was on a noon flight from LAX and I had a meeting back down town at 1230. Though my meeting was super important because it was with a potential sponsor for my Foundation's culinary boot camp, getting shorty off safe and sound was just a bit more important. The wonderful thing about mature adults is that when I called her and said that I was running late, she was completely OK with it and with out any of that typical Hollywood stress.

When I did arrive it was truly a great meeting, and I am feeling good about the whole camp this year. So much to do in pulling this thing off but god knows their ain't no quit in me. 

I do have a question on a none related issue. Why is it that every where I go  their is a Wolfgang Puck catering deal in place in damn near every building in the city, in a way that no one else can even bit on the job. So when a guy like me tries to get the catering gig for any event that's worth a shit , it's the same old story'" We are Contracted to use only Wolfgang Puck Catering"  AAAAH Yeah this shit is going to stop. I am going to make some calls and see why this shit is going down like this. I mean i do cater a few  weddings a year, along with all sorts of birth day parties, holiday parties, listening parties, viewing parties, and movie premieres and  screenings just to name a few as well as producing the  whole event from the food and beverage , the staff , the rentals,  the ice and the valet. You want a cake ? We can get that too. So why can't one of the little guys get a break ?  I will put my food up against theirs any day of the week, I'm sick of being Mr. nice guy and watching people sell what they consider "Gourmet Cuisine" while pulling the food wool over every ones eyes and at the same time charging people out the ass. 
But hey who am I ?

As a matter of fact the team has a site visit for the wedding of one of the funniest people on the planet which we will be doing.  I wonderful sit down at their lovely home.  Don't even ask ! Client privacy is the highest priority of the One Bite Production Team. We don't cook and tell.  

You all be sure and put your selves first this week, keep your head to the grind and your heart to the lord and your loyalty to whom ever deserves it. GG

1 comment:

Keithgarrick said...

You would think a person like your self would be able to get the same type of respect as those other "Big Name" catering companies. But some times people see a name and believe that is all they need for prestige and the glamor and the glitz of it all. They feel like having that particular name attached to them gives them some sort of Carte Blanche into high society. Just get your grind on, somebody is setting your path on to victory. HE is already working on your behalf! Peace-Budget Cooking Chef!