Monday, March 16, 2009

Grilled Atlantic Salmon with a Vegetable Medley

Hey guys, 

Here's a nice healthy recipe for you.  I hope you enjoy it!



Grilled Atlantic Salmon with a Vegetable Medley

Ingredients:

6 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Each eggplant large
1/4 Cup      red and orange bell pepper 1/2 inch
1/4 Cup          green and yellow zuchinni diced
1/4 Cup        red onion diced
1 Cup          cherry tomatoes halved
1 lb          canned plum tomatoes drained
    kosher salt
black pepper
2 Tbsp. garlic chopped
2 Tbsp. shallot chopped
3 Tbsp. butter unsalted
2 Tbsp. Capers
2 Tbsp. parsely chopped
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 8  oz salmon filets or four 4oz pieces
4 oz          Arugula

Instructions: 

1. In a deep frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion; sauté until soft. Add cherry tomatoes and let cook for 1 minute. Add canned tomatoes and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of black pepper.

2. Add the garlic and shallot; mix well and let simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the butter, capers, parsley, and lemon juice; mix well and let cook until all vegetables are tender but not mushy.

3. In a grill pan heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Season the salmon with salt and black pepper. Grill salmon for 4 minutes per side or until firm but moist and fish starts to separate when you press down on it.

4. To serve, scoop vegetables onto a large serving plate and place salmon on top. Place arugula on top of salmon. Drizzle with additional olive oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.



serves 4

11 comments:

The Duo Dishes said...

Just stepped into your blog for the first time today. Love, love, love it. Saw one of your cookbooks a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for being an inspiration to the rest of us!

And thanks for this recipe. We love salmon.

Jeff said...

Hey guy, it's my first time in your blog and I really aprecciate it. I'm from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil and I watchyour show "Make it super simple" and I love it.
Thanks by your inspiration for my cooking life.

Darius T. Williams said...

Where's a photo of the finished product sir?!?!

Char said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Char said...

Hello Mr. Garvin!

I tried this recipe, and it was fantastic! I have been using the recipes out of your cookbook "Turn Up the Heat", and each one that I have tried turned out great. I appreciate you, am proud of your success and I wish you well w/ future recipes.

Also, please let me know if you ever come to Houston. I would love to be in your presence and get new ideas.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Salmon is my favorite food hands-down! I will definitely try this recipe!

M<> said...

Hi

Just saw your receipes in Publix special edition 2009.
Love to meet you! When will you be back to Atlanta?
Margaret O

Neide Oliveira said...

I´m also from Brazil and it´s my first time in you blog as well. I love you show!!!! I've just saw it and try to find you website. Well, you're the best!
Neide

Unknown said...

Hello,
Just came across your blog today.
I love your recipes and your show when I can catch it.
I love salmon and look forward to trying this recipe.
When will your tour bring you to New Jersey or New York?
I look forward to your future endeavors.
Renae
Jersey Girl

brown silk said...

I love the fact that you put so much patience and love in your receipes/books Thanks G.Garvin for making it super sexy, Hope I can meet you if you are ever in New York City again missed you when you where at macy's. smoochesGod Bless.brown silk

Lorraine said...

okay I know you've been busy because I've seen the commercials and I know you got the camp going on all but you are neglecting your blog it was one of my highlights. We miss you.